Berlin and the surrounding area of Brandenburg are important locations for medical technology in Europe. Around 300 companies with approximately 13,500 employees earn annual sales of around 1.5 billion euros here. These are the 3 largest medical technology companies in Berlin.
These are also part of our list of the top 100 medical technology companies in Germany.
- Excel list of the 100 top-selling German medical technology companies for download
- Including: sales (2015-2018), number of employees, e-mail, address, telephone number, management, etc.
- Detailed information on the field of activity (orthopaedics, surgical instruments, implants, laser, centrifuges, ventilation technology, diagnostics, etc.)
- Download of the Excel file valid indefinitely, free updates within one year after purchase, free preview file available
- Last update: 07.05.2020
1st place: BIOTRONIK SE & Co. KG, Berlin: 695 million euros in sales (2018)
The development of the first German implantable pacemaker at the TU Berlin in 1963 marks the beginning of BIOTRONIK‘s history. From this, the company has evolved into a leading manufacturer of medical technology for electrotherapy of the heart and cardiac vessels. The products are manufactured by approximately 5,600 employees and marketed in over 100 countries worldwide.
2nd place: Berliner Glas KGaA Herbert Kubatz GmbH & Co., Berlin: 229 million euros in sales (2019)
In 1952 Herbert Kubatz founded a company for technical glass in Berlin: Berliner Glas. Over the years, it has grown into a company with over 1,600 employees – including 1,000 in Berlin alone. Today Berliner Glas manufactures technical system solutions, combining optics, electronics and mechanics. They are used in various industries, including medicine.
3rd place: Eckert & Ziegler Strahlen- und Medizintechnik AG, Berlin: 179 million euros turnover (2019)
Eckert & Ziegler emerged from the former Central Institute for Isotope Technology in the GDR. Today the company has two business divisions: Medical Technology and Isotope Products. In medical technology, the company manufactures devices and equipment for radiation therapy and nuclear medicine, among other things. The company employs almost 800 people.
Picture source: Mathew Schwartz
You might like these articles:
- List of the 3 Largest Mechanical Engineering Companies in Lower Saxony
- List of the 3 Largest Medical Technology Companies in Bavaria
- List of the 3 Largest Medical Technology Companies in Baden-Württemberg
These lists may interest you:
Originally posted on June 11, 2020 @ 3:30 pm