Cologne is the Rhineland metropolis par excellence and has always been an important location for the real estate industry. Well-known investors have their headquarters in the cathedral city and control their activities from here beyond Cologne. This article presents three Cologne investors who are active in the area of multi-family houses. This article is based on the unique Top 250 Residential Real Estate Investors Germany – Largest Real Estate Buyers.
- Most comprehensive Excel list available on the German market with real estate investors active in Germany
- Includes: asset volume, investment focus (asset classes and regional), link to the purchase profile, contact details, management, etc.
- Download valid at any time, free updates within one year, free preview file on request
- Last update: 29.12.2020
1. Peach Property focuses on growth in Germany
Swiss-based Peach Property Group is focusing on residential real estate in Germany. Significant parts of the business are bundled through the subsidiary Peach Property Deutschland in Cologne. The group has acquired 10,290 additional residential units in Germany within a short period of time, increasing the residential portfolio to 23,000 in 2020. To finance growth, Peach Property has issued two bonds for more than EUR 500 million.
2. Valoria expands its position in Emden
Cologne-based Valoria AG operates as an investor and portfolio holder of apartment buildings in northern Germany and northern North Rhine-Westphalia. In line with this strategy, Valoria acquired further properties in Emden with a total of 45 residential units and four commercial units in autumn 2020. Emden is the most important Valoria investment location. In total, the apartment buildings in Emden now comprise 125 units, a good third of Valoria’s total residential portfolio.
3. Municipal company GAG builds residential complex “Poller Damm”
GAG Immobilien AG is Cologne’s largest housing company and is predominantly municipally owned. The “Poller Damm” construction project is currently being realized in the southeastern district of Cologne-Poll. On a 7,300 square metre plot, 89 publicly subsidised apartments and two residential groups are being built as multi-family houses. The residential complex is scheduled for completion by mid-2022 and will strengthen the supply of affordable housing in Cologne.
Source: Listenchampion Image source: Unsplash