Mecklenburg-Vorpommern is best known for its Baltic beaches and lakes – a popular tourist destination. With cities such as Rostock, Schwerin, Neubrandenburg and Stralsund, the state also has urban centres. This is where Mecklenburg-Vorpommern’s industrial focus lies – characterised by the maritime industry, aerospace and energy supply. The presented companies belong to the largest companies in Germany.
- Download the list of the largest German companies as a convenient Excel file
- Including valuable information such as industry and field of activity, turnover, number of employees, general contact data, names of the management etc.
- Ideally suited for targeted new customer acquisition, competitive analysis, personnel recruitment and more
- Download valid at any time, free updates within one year, direct download as practical Excel list
1. Neptun Werft GmbH & Co. KG, Rostock: 2.7 billion euros turnover (Meyer-Neptun Group)
Neptun Werft is a Rostock-based company with a long tradition, whose beginnings date back to 1850. In the GDR, the shipbuilding company continued to exist as “VEB Schiffswerft Neptun”. Since 1997 the Neptun Werft GmbH & Co. KG has belonged to the Maier Neptun Group – a German shipyard company with its official headquarters in Luxembourg and its second main location in Papenburg (Emsland). Mayer Neptun is the largest German shipbuilder. The group has about 4,700 employees, while Neptun Werft employs about 700 people. Until the beginning of 2021, river cruise ships were built at the shipyard. This production has been phased out. Now ship sections are being built for other Group divisions.
2. Cheplapharm Arzneimittel GmbH, Greifswald: 513 million euros in sales
Cheplapharm Arzneimittel was founded in 1998 in Freiburg im Breisgau. Since 2018, Greifswald has been the headquarters of the pharmaceutical trading company. Cheplapharm maintains a large logistics centre on the island of Riem near Greifswald. The business model consists of the distribution of branded pharmaceuticals, food supplements, medical devices and cosmetics. 96 percent of sales are generated abroad. Ceplapharm has around 400 marketing authorisations for a total of 120 countries. Via Braun Beteiligungs GmbH, the company belongs to the conglomerate of Bremen-based entrepreneur Norbert Braun. Cheplapharm Arzneimittel employs over 300 people. The company has subsidiaries in France and the USA (New Jersey).
3. HN Holding GmbH, Schwerin: 201 million euros in sales
HN Holding is a holding company that invests in medium-sized manufacturing companies and industrial service providers throughout Germany. The portfolio currently comprises 17 companies, which are primarily active in the business areas of hydraulics, mechanical engineering, industrial services, electronics and commercial real estate. Together, the portfolio companies have almost 1,600 employees. 8 companies are located directly in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern: Hydraulik Nord Technologies GmbH, Hydraulik Schwerin GmbH, HNP Werkzeugbau GmbH & Co. KG, Prinz Technik Hydraulik Schwerin GmbH, DIM Industrieservice Nord GmbH, HNP Schwermechanik GmbH & Co. KG, ml&s manufacturing, logistics & services GmbH & Co. KG and ml&s Personalservice GmbH.
Image source: Unsplash