Turning companies in crisis and ailing organizational units back into profitable business – that is the concept of the private equity investor Callista from Munich. He specialises in restructuring investments. This know-how is also in demand for Callista’s latest acquisition; the Ledvance plant in Eichstätt. The acquisition was made by Aurora-Lichtwerke in Eichstätt, a Callista subsidiary. This article is based on the unique List of the 150 most important private equity investors in Germany.
- Article based on database of the 150 most important private equity investors in Germany
- Useful information on the investments such as assets under management, investment focus, amount of investment, extract of the investments.
- Including contact details: E-mail address, telephone number, address, management.
- Direct download as Excel file via online store possible
- Free preview file available on request
- Database is perfect for identifying private equity investors
Location guarantee until 2023 – acquisition of new customers is a priority
Ledvance was created in 2016 as part of a spin-off from Osram GmbH and has been part of the Chinese lighting company MLS since 2018. Production in Germany has been drastically reduced by the new owner – partly because halogen lamps are banned in many countries and partly because the company wanted to focus more on light source imports from China. The Ledvance plant in Eichstätt was therefore also available.
With an asset deal, Aurora takes over the plant assets and the 333 employees. Business operations will continue and are linked to a location guarantee until 2023. Aurora Lichtwerke GmbH produces LED and halogen lamps for a wide range of applications, for example for classic lighting at home or for special use (lighting innovations, runway lighting, operating theatre lamps). The acquired plant will continue to produce for Osram and Ledvance, but will also serve new customers who have yet to be acquired.
Picture source: Unsplash
You also might like our whitepaper about B2B sales in Germany.