Brandenburg had to reinvent itself economically after reunification. Its function as Berlin’s “Speckgürtel” offered good conditions for this. But hidden champions in the state with the red eagle as its heraldic animal are not only located in the Berlin area: The presented companies belong to the largest companies in Germany.
- Download the list of the 5,000 largest German companies as a convenient Excel file
- Including valuable information such as industry and field of activity, turnover, number of employees, general contact data, names of the management etc.
- Ideally suited for targeted new customer acquisition, competitive analysis, personnel recruitment and more
- Download valid at any time, free updates within one year, direct download as practical Excel list
1. Christoph Miethke GmbH & Co KG, Potsdam: approx. 17 million euros in sales
In 1992, Christoph Miethke and other partners founded a company in Potsdam to develop and manufacture neurosurgical implants for hydrocephalus patients. Hydrocephalus is a severe, usually congenital condition better known as “hydrocephalus”. The company is a global leader in this very specialized field of medical technology. This was made possible by a special gravitational technology developed in-house. The company employs over 200 people.
2. Orafol Europe GmbH, Oranienburg: 627 million euros in sales
Orafol is a company with a long tradition. Its history began in 1808 in the Prussian capital Berlin as Wibelitz-Farbenwerkstatt. In 1919, the company headquarters were moved to Oranienburg. In the GDR, the company was initially semi-state-owned as Hanalin KG from 1957, and fully nationalized as VEB Spezialfarben Oranienburg from 1972. After reunification, this became Orafol Klebetechnik. Since the merger with Transatlantic H. Bernhardt GmbH in 2005, the company name has been Orafol Europe GmbH. Orafol is a leading manufacturer of self-adhesive graphic products, adhesive tape systems and reflective materials. The products are sold in about 100 countries worldwide. The group employs almost 2,400 people.
3. CEMEX Deutschland AG, Rüdersdorf: 130 million euros in sales
CEMEX Deutschland is part of the CEMEX Group, a Mexican building materials manufacturer with a global reach. CEMEX Germany is one of the largest suppliers of ready-mixed concrete, cement and mineral raw materials (gravel, sand, chippings) for the construction industry in this country. The company has around 120 locations in Germany and employs approximately 1,500 people. Originally, the company belonged to the British RMC Group as Readymix AG with headquarters in Düsseldorf. After reunification, Readymix acquired Rüdersdorfer Zement GmbH, the largest GDR cement producer. With the takeover of Readymix by the CEMEX Group, the company was renamed CEMEX Deutschland in 2005 and its registered office was relocated to Rüdersdorf.
Image source: Unsplash