Security is the trump card in uncertain times. This is what the company Mehler Vario System in Fulda in Eastern Hesse relies on. With the acquisition of M-Sicherheitsbeteiligungen GmbH, the Munich-based private equity investor DPE has now bought into the security company. This article is based on the unique List of the 150 most important private equity investors in Germany.
- Article based on database of the 150 most important private equity investors in Germany
- Useful information on the investments such as assets under management, investment focus, amount of investment, extract of the investments.
- Including contact details: E-mail address, telephone number, address, management.
- Direct download as Excel file via online store possible
- Free preview file available on request
- Database is perfect for identifying private equity investors
A Fulda-based company with a long tradition in security
The M-Sicherheitsbeteiligungen GmbH at the same address as Mehler Vario System is nothing more than an investment shell for the Fulda-based company. It is a traditional company that emerged from Mehler AG, a textile and clothing group that employed over 4,500 people in its heyday in the 1960s and was one of the largest employers in Fulda. As a result of the crisis in the textile industry, a fundamental restructuring and reorientation took place. Today, Mehler Vario System is a leading European manufacturer of protective vests and protective equipment for vehicles – indispensable for police forces, security personnel and bodyguards. Today the company has around 600 employees, produces at five locations and achieves an annual turnover of more than 100 million euros.
DPE Deutsche Private Equity from Munich has acquired the majority of M-Sicherheitsbeteiligungen from the investment holding company Armira. DPE has been investing as an independent investment company in medium-sized companies in the DACH region since 2007. The investment in Mehler Vario System is intended to financially support the expansion of the market position of the Fulda-based company. DPE currently manages 28 company investments with approximately two billion euros in assets.
Picture source: Unsplash
You also might like our whitepaper about B2B sales in Germany.