Similar to Digital Health, MedTech is a term for innovative digital business models in the healthcare sector analogous to FinTech or InsurTech. The MedTech sector is considered to be a sector with high growth potential – on the one hand because the health market continues to grow, on the other hand because the digitalisation potential has only been developed to a small extent. For this reason, the DvH Ventures Fund is pursuing MedTech as a new investment focus – with active financial participation by the Munich-based NOVENTI-Group. This article is based on the unique List of the 200 most important venture capital investors in Germany.
- Article based on the database of the 200 most important Venture Capital Fonds in Germany
- Useful information such as investment focus, selection of top investments, year of foundation, etc.
- Including contact data: E-mail address, address, URL, telephone number, management, etc.
- Direct download as Excel file via the online store possible
- Free preview file available on request
- Database is perfectly suited for identifying venture capital funds
Capital, know-how and experience for new digital health fund
Up to now, Holtzbrinck Ventures (DvH Ventures) – a subsidiary of the publishing company DvH Medien (Handelsblatt, Tagesspiegel, among others) – has primarily been involved in the areas of FinTech and education. DvH Ventures is already involved in over 160 start-ups, including Delivery Hero, FlixBus, Scalable Capital and Zalando. Together, the DvH funds reach a good one billion euros in capital. Digital Health or MedTech is seen as a new promising field. For this purpose, 60 million euros have now been raised as starting capital for another fund.
The Munich-based NOVENTI Group is also involved. NOVENTI is one of the largest German billers for prescriptions and private medical services. The annual turnover of the group is over 20 billion euros. The commitment in the MedTech sector is obvious in view of the company’s activities. Especially in process optimization and billing, digitalization offers great opportunities. NOVENTI wants to bring not only capital, but also know-how and experience into the new fund of DvH Ventures.
Picture source: Unsplash