Switzerland has a weighty logistics industry. In addition, Switzerland is an important transit country for logistics throughout Europe. Below we have compiled a list of 3 logistics companies. All 3 companies are part of our list of the largest logistics companies in Switzerland.
- Contains the 100 top-selling logistics from Switzerland from numerous segments such as transport logistics, freight forwarding, warehouse logistics, container logistics, parcel logistics, dangerous goods logistics, construction logistics, etc.
- Excellent level of detail: industry and area of activity, sales if publicly available (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015), number of employees if publicly available, general contact details, names of management, etc.
- Free preview available on request via contact [at] researchgermany.de or live chat.
1. CEVA FORPATIENTS, Baar: 7.4 billion US dollars (group) sales (no current sales available)
CEVA LOGISTICS is a Swiss logistics group. It was formed in 2006 by merging the contract logistics business of TNT Express with EGL Eagle Global Logistics. Today, the company belongs to the French container shipping company CMA CGM Group in Marseille. CEVA FOR PATIENTS is a CEVA LOGISTICS subsidiary, was founded in 2021 and bundles logistics activities in the healthcare sector. CEVA FORPATIENTS serves more than 500 companies worldwide in the healthcare, pharmaceutical and life science sectors. The company transports vaccines, medical devices and medicines in terms of end-to-end logistics solutions. Temperature-controlled transport and storage are of particular importance.
2. Galexis AG, Niederbipp: CHF 2.6 billion sales (service sales Galenica)
Galexis is a central part of the logistics division of the Galenica Group. Galenica is a Swiss pharmaceuticals, pharmacy and pharmaceutical logistics company that has its roots in a purchasing cooperation of 16 pharmacies in the canton of Vaud, founded in 1927. In addition to Galexis AG, the pharmaceutical logistics division includes Alloga AG. Together with other Galenica subsidiaries, both companies form the Services business sector. Galexis’ core business is the distribution of pharmaceutical products to Swiss pharmacies, doctors’ practices and hospitals. Two distribution centers exist for this purpose in Niederbipp and Lausanne-Ecublens. Galexis employs 840 people and delivers 240,000 pharmaceutical packages daily.
3. AsstrA-Associated Traffic AG, Zurich: approx. 370 million euros (group) sales
AsstrA-Associated Traffic was founded in 1993 and is an internationally operating transport and logistics service provider with around 1,000 employees and 18 locations in Europe, Asia and the CIS states. A strong geographical focus is on Central and Eastern Europe and the successor states of the former Soviet Union. Within the AsstrA Group there is a separate organizational unit AsstrA Pharma Logistics. It is responsible for the transport of pharmaceutical products and raw materials, taking into account temperature requirements, and provides services such as specialized storage, packaging, customs clearance and delivery. The products transported – mainly land-based – include pharmaceuticals, vaccines, blood serum and medical technology.
Picture Source: Unsplash (Marcin Jozwiak, 11.02.22)
You might also have interest in these lists:
Rated 5.00 out of 5€249,99 Incl. VAT