Switzerland has a weighty logistics industry. In addition, Switzerland is an important transit country for logistics throughout Europe. Below we have compiled a list of 3 logistics companies. All 3 companies are part of our list of the largest logistics companies in Switzerland.
- Contains the 100 top-selling logistics from Switzerland from numerous segments such as transport logistics, freight forwarding, warehouse logistics, container logistics, parcel logistics, dangerous goods logistics, construction logistics, etc.
- Excellent level of detail: industry and area of activity, sales if publicly available (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015), number of employees if publicly available, general contact details, names of management, etc.
- Free preview available on request via contact [at] researchgermany.de or live chat.
1. mobilog AG, Buchs: CHF 4.0 billion (AMAG) sales, no sales available for mobilog yet.
mobilog is a young company – founded in September 2020 and on the market since the beginning of 2021. The logistics company combines the logistics and spare parts activities of the AMAG Group and provides corresponding services both internally and for third-party customers. AMAG is one of the largest Swiss car dealers and is part of the corporate empire of billionaire Martin Haefner. mobilog employs around 500 people in the Car Logistics (preparation and customs clearance of imported vehicles), Parts Logistics (spare parts handling and storage), Räderhotel (tire and wheel storage) and Transport (vehicle, spare parts and tire transport) divisions.
2. Gebrüder Weiss AG, Altenrhein: 1.8 billion CHF (group) turnover
Gebrüder Weiss is a family-owned Austrian logistics company that can trace its history back to the 15th century. At that time, a member of the Vis (Weiss) family operated a messenger service from Lindau on Lake Constance through Switzerland to Milan – the beginning of a transportation business that has been successful for over 500 years. Today, Gebrüder Weiss is active in all logistics sectors and at 170 locations worldwide. The business model includes land transport, sea and air freight, CEP services, supply chain management, warehousing and fulfillment. The Group employs a total of 7,400 people. In Switzerland, the Group is represented by its own subsidiary at 14 locations. Swiss sales amount to approximately 100 million euros.
3. TTS Transport & Terminal Services AG, Buchs: approx. 700 million euros (group) sales
TTS Transport & Terminal Services was founded in 1982 and is part of the TransInvest Group. TransInvest is an internationally oriented service group with headquarters in St. Gallen, approx. 2,900 employees and a focus on transport and logistics. Under the umbrella of TransInvest Holding there are 110 largely independent companies. The geographical focus is on Eastern Europe and Asia. TTS Transport & Terminal Services offers classic transport services (truck, rail, container, air freight, sea freight). A special offer is land-based transport (truck, rail) to Central Asia and the Far East as an alternative to sea freight.
Picture Source: Unsplash (Kendall Henderson, 11.02.22)
You might also have interest in these lists:
Rated 5.00 out of 5€249,99 Incl. VAT