Switzerland has a weighty logistics industry. In addition, Switzerland is an important transit country for logistics throughout Europe. Below we have compiled a list of 3 logistics companies. All 3 companies are part of our list of the largest logistics companies in Switzerland.
- Contains the 100 top-selling logistics from Switzerland from numerous segments such as transport logistics, freight forwarding, warehouse logistics, container logistics, parcel logistics, dangerous goods logistics, construction logistics, etc.
- Excellent level of detail: industry and area of activity, sales if publicly available (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015), number of employees if publicly available, general contact details, names of management, etc.
- Free preview available on request via contact [at] researchgermany.de or live chat.
1. Swiss WorldCargo, Basel/Zurich: approx. 600 million CHF turnover (estimated).
Swiss WorldCargo is the airfreight division of Swiss International Air Lines, the national Swiss airline. Swiss is legally headquartered in Basel, but its actual headquarters – including those of Swiss WorldCargo – are located at Zurich-Kloten Airport. Swiss has been a 100 percent subsidiary of the Lufthansa Group since mid-2007. Swiss WorldCargo accounts for approximately 11 percent of Swiss’ total revenue. The airfreight division employs about 300 people and serves about 175 destinations worldwide – with a geographic focus on Europe. The business consists primarily of airport-to-airport air freight services. However, there are also truck connections that complement the network.
2. Rhenus Alpina AG, Basel: CHF 410 million turnover
Rhenus Alpina is part of the Rhenus Group, an internationally active logistics group headquartered in Holzwickede (North Rhine-Westphalia/Germany). Rhenus Alpina AG offers its customers solutions in the fields of industrial logistics, warehousing, supply chain management and logistics outsourcing. The Rhenus subsidiary has 18 locations in Switzerland and employs around 1,400 people. The Rhenus Group stands for a total of 33,500 employees at 820 locations worldwide and annual sales of around 5.4 billion euros. The Group focuses on contract logistics, port logistics and intermodal logistics and is part of the German Rethmann Group.
3. Schneider & Cie. AG, Basel: CHF 376 million in sales
Schneider & Cie. was founded in Basel in 1865 as a forwarding and commission business and was taken over by the Schneider family in 1871. The company, with its 670 employees, provides classic transport services – overland, air and sea freight. It also offers value-added services such as warehouse logistics, supplier management, returns management, order picking, etc. Schneider & Cie.’s customers come from the retail and consumer goods sectors – especially e-commerce – pharmaceuticals and medical technology, luxury goods and fashion, industry and mechanical engineering, and the technology sector. The company has 20 locations, including 2 in France and 4 in the USA.
Picture Source: Unsplash (Axel Ahoi, 11.02.22)
You might also have interest in these lists:
Rated 5.00 out of 5€249,99 Incl. VAT