As in any other country, construction suppliers are needed in Switzerland. In the following we have picked out 3 highly interesting companies for you. All 3 are part of our list of the 100 largest construction suppliers in Switzerland.
- Contains the 100 top-selling construction suppliers from Switzerland from numerous segments such as windows and doors, flooring, concrete elements, cement, gravel, construction chemicals, lighting technology, heating systems, ventilation technology, facades, etc.
- Excellent level of detail: industry and field of activity, sales if publicly available (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015), number of employees if publicly available, general contact details, names of management, etc.
- Free preview available on request via contact [at] researchgermany.de or live chat.
1. Schindler Aufzüge AG, Ebikon: CHF 10.6 billion turnover
In 1874, Robert Schindler founded a company in Lucerne that was initially involved in the manufacture of agricultural machinery. In 1892, the business model was changed to electric elevators. Today, the Schindler Group is the world’s second largest producer of elevators and the global market leader in escalators and moving walks. The company employs around 66,000 people and is represented in over 100 countries with more than 1,000 branches. Schindler Aufzüge is a subsidiary of Schindler Holding AG in Hergiswil. The Schindler share has been listed on the Swiss stock exchange since 1971. 70 percent of the shares are held by the Schindler and Bonnard families.
2. SWISS KRONO GROUP AG, Lucerne: CHF 1.8 billion turnover
SWISS KRONO GROUP is a leading company in the Swiss wood industry, backed by the Kaindl family. Its origins lie in a sawmill built in 1897 near Salzburg in Austria. In 1966, the SWISS KRONO GROUP was founded in Lucerne. In 1987, the family business was split into two companies under separate management – a Swiss branch under the umbrella of SWISS KRONO GROUP and an Austrian branch under the name Kronospan. With over 5,000 employees, SWISS KRONO GROUP produces products for furniture and interior fittings, rough particleboard for wood construction and laminate flooring.
3. 4B AG, Hochdorf: CHF 186 million turnover
The 4B Group has evolved from a carpenter’s workshop founded in Hochdorf in 1896. The family-owned company is a major Swiss manufacturer of windows, doors and facade systems made of wood-metal, plastic and aluminum. In addition to Hochdorf, Emmen in the canton of Lucerne is the production site. Originally, the various business areas were organized in independent companies – 4B Fenster AG, 4B Fassaden AG and Kronenberger AG. In 2017, the merger took place to form 4B AG. 4B Holding AG in Zug acts as the group umbrella and pure holding company. The company employs over 600 people.