As in any other country, construction suppliers are needed in Switzerland. In the following we have picked out 3 highly interesting companies for you. All 3 are part of our list of the 100 largest construction suppliers in Switzerland.
- Contains the 100 top-selling construction suppliers from Switzerland from numerous segments such as windows and doors, flooring, concrete elements, cement, gravel, construction chemicals, lighting technology, heating systems, ventilation technology, facades, etc.
- Excellent level of detail: industry and field of activity, sales if publicly available (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015), number of employees if publicly available, general contact details, names of management, etc.
- Free preview available on request via contact [at] researchgermany.de or live chat.
1. EgoKiefer AG, Altstätten: CHF 357 million in sales (Arbonia Group window division).
EgoKiefer was the first Swiss manufacturer of vinyl windows in 1957. The company was founded in 1932 as EgoWerke. In 1971, Fenster Kiefer AG was acquired as the second largest Swiss window manufacturer. In 1976, the two companies merged to form EgoKiefer AG. After several changes of ownership, EgoKiefer has belonged to the Arbonia Group – a Swiss building supplier – since 1993 and forms the core company of the Windows Division. With approximately 400 employees, EgoKiefer manufactures windows and doors made of plastic, plastic-aluminum, wood and wood-aluminum. In addition to production in Altstätten, there are two further factories in Langenwetzendorf (Germany) and Pravenec (Slovakia).
2. 4B AG, Hochdorf: CHF 186 million in sales
4B has been active in Hochdorf for over 125 years as a company owned by the Bachmann family. From a small carpenter’s workshop it has developed into the second largest window manufacturer in Switzerland with over 600 employees. The business model is the production of windows, doors and facade systems. Wood is still an important material, along with plastic and metal. The three production divisions were organized in separate companies until 2017. Since then, they have been legally and organizationally combined in 4B AG. While 4B AG stands for the operational business, 4B AG Holding AG in Zug acts as the holding umbrella.
3. Hasler Fenster AG, Therwil: CHF 18 million turnover
Hasler Fenster began in 2020 as a one-man operation in Rodersdorf in the canton of Solothurn. Originally a carpenter’s workshop, it specialized in window construction over time and the business grew. In 1982, production was moved to Therwil near Basel, in 2000 the company changed its name to Hasler Fenster AG and since 2002 the company headquarters has also been located in Therwil. Since 2011, Hasler Fenster has been part of the Atrya Group – a family-owned group focused on the design, manufacture and assembly of joinery products. Hasler Fenster employs around 50 people and produces more than 10,000 window and door units annually.