As in any other country, construction suppliers are needed in Switzerland. In the following we have picked out 3 highly interesting companies for you. All 3 are part of our list of the 100 largest construction suppliers in Switzerland.
- Contains the 100 top-selling construction suppliers from Switzerland from numerous segments such as windows and doors, flooring, concrete elements, cement, gravel, construction chemicals, lighting technology, heating systems, ventilation technology, facades, etc.
- Excellent level of detail: industry and field of activity, sales if publicly available (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015), number of employees if publicly available, general contact details, names of management, etc.
- Free preview available on request via contact [at] researchgermany.de or live chat.
1. Franke Management AG, Aarburg: CHF 2.2 billion sales
The history of the Franke Group begins in 1911 with the founding of a plumbing company in Rohrschach by Hermann Franke. Through systematic expansion of this original business model, Franke is now one of the leading product suppliers for kitchens, commercial kitchens and catering facilities with approximately 9,000 employees. The business is divided into three divisions: Franke Home Solutions (kitchen systems – sinks, hoods, faucets, stove systems – for private households, 42.5 percent share of sales), Franke Foodservice Solutions (kitchen systems for system catering, 37 percent share of sales) and Franke Coffee Systems (coffee machines, 10.6 percent share of sales). The company is privately owned.
2. Zehnder Group AG, Gränichen: CHF 617 million in sales
Zehnder has pursued various business models over the course of its 125-year history. It all started with a repair shop founded in Gränichen in 1895. After World War 1, the company shifted to motorcycle manufacturing, and from 1930 to radiators. Today Zehnder is a leading Swiss manufacturer of heating technology, ventilation systems, air cleaners and heat exchangers. The ventilation business was only launched in 2001, but now accounts for more than half of sales. Zehnder Group has over 3,300 employees and owns 16 production facilities, including three in China and two in North America. Zehnder shares are in free float.
3. Fr. Sauter AG, Basel: CHF 461 million turnover
Fr. Sauter AG is a leading Swiss supplier in the field of building automation. The company offers technical solutions for regulation and control in the areas of heating, ventilation and air conditioning as well as for building management. After the turn of the millennium, the product portfolio was expanded to include services with a focus on facility management. The facility management business area is now part of the core business. The Group operates internationally, with geographical focus on Europe, the Middle East and China. The Group employs over 2,700 people, 350 of whom work at the central Basel site. The main production site is Freiburg i. Br. (Germany).