The Swiss have always been a pioneer in medical technology. In the following we present 3 medical technology companies from the canton of St.Gallen. All 3 are part of our list of the 100 largest medical technology companies in Switzerland.
- Contains the 100 top-selling medical technology companies from Switzerland from numerous segments such as implants, laboratory technology, surgical systems, orthopedic products, diagnostic systems, medical instruments, etc.
- Excellent level of detail: industry and field of activity, sales if publicly available (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015), number of employees if publicly available, general contact details, names of the executives, etc.
- Free preview available on request via contact [at] researchgermany.de or live chat.
1. SIGVARIS AG, Winterthur/St. Gallen: approx. 250 million Euro turnover (no current turnover available)
SIGVARIS is a global provider of solutions for compression therapies. The company was founded in Winterthur in 1864 and was already manufacturing rubber-elastic textiles at that time. Today, the SIGVARIS product portfolio includes a wide range of stockings, tights, sleeves, wraps and bandages for use in compression therapy. The Swiss SIGVARIS AG is located in St. Gallen, the headquarters of the globally operating SIGVARIS Group is Winterthur. The company name SIGVARIS has been used since 2011. The group employs around 1,600 people. In addition to Switzerland, SIGVARIS has production facilities in France, Poland, the USA and Brazil.
2. Coltène/Whaledent AG, Altstätten: CHF 248 million turnover
The Coltène Group was formed in 2006 when the Swiss Gurit-Heberlein Group split into a plastics division (Gurit) and a medical technology division (Medisize). Medisize sold its non-dental business in 2008 and has since focused exclusively on dental technology and dentistry under the name Coltène/Whaledent. Coltène produces small and miniature devices for dental treatments such as drills, scaling devices, tooth fixing systems, suction tips or cleaning devices, as well as dental consumables such as filling materials, impression materials or products for root canal treatment. The Group has production sites in Switzerland, Germany, the USA and Brazil and employs around 1,400 people.
3. Oertli Instrumente AG, Berneck: no current turnover available
In 1955, Heinz A. Oertli founded Oertli Instrumente in St. Gallen – a company specializing in technical solutions for ophthalmology and eye surgery. In the beginning there was a simple workshop business, today Oertli Instrumente is a leading supplier of surgical platforms and ophthalmic surgical instruments. The surgical platforms are designed for cataract, glaucoma and vitrectomy surgery procedures, and the instruments are developed to fit perfectly. In addition, Oertli Instrumente offers consumables for ophthalmic surgery. The company is family-owned and employs around 250 people, 200 of whom work at its Berneck headquarters.
Picture Source: Unsplash ( Marc Wieland, 21.12.21)