Switzerland is world famous for its pharmaceutical industry. There are many different pharmaceutical companies all over Switzerland. Below we present 3 from the canton of Aargau. All 3 are part of our list of the 100 largest pharmaceutical companies in Switzerland.
- Contains the 100 top-selling pharmaceutical companies from Switzerland from numerous segments such as immunotherapeutics, gynecology, biopharmaceuticals, oncology, OTC drugs, generics, urology, tumor therapy, antibiotics, etc.
- Excellent level of detail: industry and field of activity, sales if publicly available (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015), number of employees if publicly available, general contact details, names of executives, etc.
- Free preview available on request via contact [at] researchgermany.de or live chat.
1. Siegfried Holding AG, Zofingen: CHF 845 million turnover
The pharmacist Samuel Benoni Siegfried founded a company in 1873 to supply pharmacies. Over the course of almost 150 years, this has evolved into today’s Siegfried Group – an internationally active corporation in the life science sector. The Siegfried business model includes the development and production of active ingredients for the research-based pharmaceutical industry, as well as direct drug manufacturing and contract manufacturing. The Siegfried Group has production sites in Switzerland, but also in Germany, France, Malta and Spain, as well as in China and the United States. The Group employs around 2,500 people.
2. Tillotts Pharma AG, Rheinfelden (CH): approx. 160 million CHF turnover
In 1952, the pharmacy J.B. Tillott Ltd. was founded in London – the nucleus of today’s Tillotts Pharma AG. Early on, the company shifted its focus to pharmaceutical trading and later to the development and manufacture of its own preparations. The main focus was and still is on pharmaceuticals in the field of gastrointestinal diseases. Since 1986, the company has been headquartered in Switzerland. In 2009, Tillotts Pharma was acquired by the Japanese pharmaceutical company Zeria Group. Zeria is Japan’s leading supplier of medicines in the field of gastroenterology. Tillotts products are sold in more than 65 countries.
3. Dr. Heinz Welti AG, Gebenstorf: no (current) sales data available
Dr. Heinz Welti has been in business since 1945. The company has focused on the production of liquid, semi-solid and solid dosage forms for a wide range of applications. The company produces both for its own marketing and as a contract manufacturer for other pharmaceutical companies. The company’s own products are over-the-counter medicines for common ailments such as (irritable) coughs, constipation, bloating or to strengthen the body’s well-being. In the case of contract manufacturing, smaller to medium-sized orders are taken on. In addition to the company headquarters in Gebenstorf in the canton of Aargau, there is another site in Bubendorf in the canton of Basel-Landschaft.
Picture Source: Unsplash ( ClauDiO Thürlemann, 14.12.21)