The construction industry is an important sector in all countries of the world. Switzerland’s geographical location poses special challenges for the companies based here. Below we have picked out 3 highly interesting companies for you. All 3 are part of our list of the 100 largest construction companies in Switzerland.
- Contains the 100 top-selling construction producers from Switzerland from numerous segments such as building construction, civil engineering, road construction, tunnel construction, turnkey construction, earthworks, civil engineering, reconstruction, renovation, etc.
- Excellent level of detail: industry and area of activity, sales if publicly available (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015), number of employees if publicly available, general contact details, names of management, etc.
- Free preview available on request via contact [at] researchgermany.de or live chat.
1. Implenia AG, Opfikon-Glattpark: CHF 4.0 billion turnover
Implenia AG was formed in 2006 from two construction companies – Geneva-based Zschokke Holding SA and Basel-based Batigroup Holding AG. The new group has around 8,500 employees and is organized divisional in the business units Building Construction, Civil Engineering, Real Estate and Specialties. Timber construction is part of the Specialties Division. Here Implenia, with around 90 employees, offers the classic services of a carpenter’s or joiner’s workshop and is active in element construction. Prefabricated construction involves adding storeys, extensions or complete buildings made of wooden elements, while carpentry involves wood-based roof truss structures and joinery involves stairs, doors and (built-in) furniture made of wood.
2. ERNE Holding AG, Laufenburg: CHF 370 million turnover
Joseph Erne founded a construction business in Laufenburg in 1906, which initially focused on building projects in the Fricktal region, but over time grew beyond that. Today, ERNE is a construction group with approximately 1,100 employees and is in its third generation of family ownership. Alongside construction services and real estate services, timber construction forms a business division with two subsidiaries: ERNE AG Holzbau and HUSNER AG Holzbau. ERNE AG Holzbau offers timber system solutions for industrial and commercial construction. HUSNER AG Holzbau focuses on carpentry, timber element construction and facade construction for residential, commercial and public buildings.
3. STRABAG AG, Schlieren: > 270 million CHF turnover
The STRABAG Group is one of the largest European construction companies with headquarters in Vienna. STRABAG has been active in Switzerland since 1995 and expanded there in a targeted manner by acquiring a number of well-known construction companies. Today, the Swiss STRABAG AG employs about 1,000 people. STRABAG comprehensively covers all construction sectors within the Group. This also includes timber construction. The timber construction services of the Swiss STRABAG AG include timber construction planning and timber house construction, energetic timber construction, agricultural buildings made of wood, roof structures and timber facade construction, concrete formwork construction and industrial prefabrication of timber components. Within the STRABAG Group, ZÜBLIN Timber is the leading timber construction brand.
Picture Source: Unsplash ( Josh Olalde, 19.01.22)
You might also have interest in these lists:
Rated 5.00 out of 5€99,99 Incl. VAT