The construction industry is an important sector in all countries of the world. Switzerland’s geographical location poses special challenges for the companies based here. Below we have picked out 3 highly interesting companies for you. All 3 are part of our list of the 100 largest construction companies in Switzerland.
- Contains the 100 top-selling construction producers from Switzerland from numerous segments such as building construction, civil engineering, road construction, tunnel construction, turnkey construction, earthworks, civil engineering, reconstruction, renovation, etc.
- Excellent level of detail: industry and area of activity, sales if publicly available (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015), number of employees if publicly available, general contact details, names of management, etc.
- Free preview available on request via contact [at] researchgermany.de or live chat.
1. ERNE Holding AG, Laufenburg: CHF 370 million turnover
ERNE was founded in 1906 by Joseph Erne as a regional construction business. Today, the company is still owned by his descendants – in the third generation. While its business activities were originally limited to the Fricktal region of northwestern Switzerland, they have long since expanded beyond this area. ERNE is active in building construction and civil engineering, as well as in timber construction, the production of building materials (gravel and concrete) and real estate brokerage. For the individual business segments, there are corresponding subsidiaries under the holding umbrella. These include the German subsidiary ERNE GmbH in Wiehl, North Rhine-Westphalia. The Group employs a total of around 1,100 people.
2. Gruner AG, Basel: CHF 140 million in sales
Gruner is a broad-based construction services group with over 20 subsidiaries and 30 locations inside and outside Switzerland. It was founded by Karl Heinrich Gruner in 1862, and in the first decades the company focused entirely on hydraulic engineering and water infrastructure. Today, the Gruner Group offers its customers classic engineering and planning services in building construction, infrastructure construction and energy-related construction projects. Geographically, the company’s activities focus on the DACH region, but are not limited to this. In Switzerland, Gruner has around 20 locations, and the Group has over 1,400 employees.
3. Stamm Bau AG, Arlesheim: > CHF 100 million sales (no current sales data available)
Stamm Bau AG can look back on a history of over 175 years. In the beginning there was an owner-managed construction business. Over time, this has developed into a multifaceted construction company. Stamm Bau covers the entire value chain in construction and building maintenance. The company’s main areas of business are refurbishment, conversion and classic tradesmen’s services, metal and steel construction, timber and facade construction, as well as construction-related services ranging from real estate development to real estate maintenance. After 1978, the company changed hands several times. In 1998, Stamm Beteiligungen AG (shareholders: management, executives, private investors) bought the company from Implenia AG.
Picture Source: Unsplash (Chris Boese, 19.01.22)
You might also have interest in these lists:
Rated 5.00 out of 5€249,99 Incl. VAT