Database of the largest venture capital funds in France for immediate download as Excel list
Venture capital is repeatedly cited as a decisive driver for a country’s innovative strength. Seed and growth capital are of great importance for startups, as fundamental competitive advantages can only be created with sufficient equity. The extraordinary success of young American entrepreneurs is due not least to the very pronounced venture capital (VC) scene in the USA. In no other country in the world does so much venture capital flow as in the United States. In Europe, more and more countries are following the example of the USA and promoting the venture capital scene. France, where some of the largest European VCs are based, is particularly successful in this regard. For this reason, we have compiled this list of the largest venture capital funds in France.
French VCs are not only active in the digital industry (artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, e-commerce, etc.), but have also recognized the potential of life science and biotech early on. In this context, most venture capital funds from Switzerland operate internationally with a particular focus on Europe. Among the best-known names are industry giants such as Sofinnova Partners, 123 Investment Managers or Partech Ventures. But also smaller companies like Galileo Partners or Breega Capital should be considered.
The most important French startup backers
We have analyzed numerous databases and news on financing rounds in France and Europe to compile an overview of the most important VCs. Our list of the Top 50 Venture Capital Funds France offers the most relevant information on the most important companies at a glance. You can quickly find the right VC for your purposes by sorting and filtering the list according to your individual criteria.
This information is included in the database *.
- Corporate VC (Yes/No)
- Assets under Management
- Investment focus (e.g. life science, high-tech, digital, Technology)
- Top investments
- ZIP code
- Street address
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Top Management
* Individual values may be missing due to poor data availability.
3 good reasons for our database
- You get an instant overview of the French venture capital scene, saving you hours of research. Our comprehensive research allows you to get detailed information on, among other things, investment focus and previous portfolio.
- Through the contact options we have compiled, you can contact the VCs directly – be it by mail, phone or post.
- You will benefit from regular updates and additions to the list within one year – and at no extra charge. When new versions are published, we will send you the latest version free of charge.