Mechanical and plant engineering in Hessen is a mid-range industry as 75 percent of the companies have fewer than 50 employees. That said, there are also some large mechanical engineering companies that operate internationally. We present the three largest ones.
These are also part of our list of the top 100 mechanical engineering companies in Germany.
- Excel list of the 100 top-selling German mechanical engineering companies for download
- Includes: sales (2015-2018), number of employees, e-mail, address, telephone number, management, etc.
- Detailed information on the field of activity (production technology, energy plants, construction machinery, packaging machinery, etc.)
- Download of the Excel file valid indefinitely, free updates within one year after purchase, free preview file available
- Last update: 23.04.2020
1st place: Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology AG, Asslar: 633 million euros (2019)
Aßlar near Wetzlar is the corporate headquarters of Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology. The company, which was founded in 1890, is today part of the Busch Group. Busch SE is a manufacturer of vacuum pumps, systems, blowers, and compressors.
Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology is also involved in this field. The Busch subsidiary employs over 3,000 people and manufactures primarily for export. Exports account for some 70 percent of vacuum pump business.
2nd place: Karl Mayer Textilmaschinenfabrik GmbH, Obertshausen: Sales of around 600 million euros (no current sales available)
Karl Mayer Textilmaschinenfabrik has been in existence since 1937 and employs around 2,100 people, with locations in Obertshausen, Chemnitz, and Naila in Germany. It is also represented in various European countries, China, and the USA.
The company is world market leader in warp knitting machines and warp preparation systems (76 percent market share). Karl Mayer Textilmaschinenfabrik has four divisions: Warp knitting machines, warp preparation, technical textiles and component production.
3rd place: Weiss Umwelttechnik GmbH, Reiskirchen: approx. 370 million Euro turnover (no current turnover available)
Weiss Umwelttechnik belongs to the Schunk Group – an internationally operating technology group. The company in Reiskirchen near Gießen has about 2,200 employees and is represented at 40 locations in 15 countries.
Weiss deals with ventilation and heat. The company offers test systems for environmental simulation, builds thermotechnical plants, clean air, and containment systems as well as air conditioning and dehumidification systems for clean rooms.
Picture source: Nick Cooper
You might like these articles:
- List of the 3 Largest Electrical Installation Technology Companies in Germany
- List of the 3 Largest Mechanical Engineering Companies in Bavaria
- List of the 5 Largest Mechanical Engineering Companies in North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW)
These lists may interest you:
Rated 4.50 out of 5
Rated 5.00 out of 5
Rated 5.00 out of 5€0,00 – €1.999,99 Incl. VAT
Rated 5.00 out of 5€299,99 Incl. VAT