List of 3 large property developers in Austria
We present some Austrian project developers as well as their most important real estate projects as examples. All mentioned players and hundreds more are part of our extensive database.
1. 6B47 Real Estate Investors AG (Vienna)
6B47 Real Estate Investors is a project developer based in Vienna with offices in Germany and Poland. In 2009, the real estate company was launched – also as a conscious response to the financial crisis with its impact on real estate investments. A good ten years later, the successful development proves the 6B47 approach right. Real estate projects with a total volume of over 1.5 billion euros have been realized to date.
The special feature of 6B47 is the combination of project development and project financing. External investors are also specifically brought on board for financing. For this purpose, the 6B47 Real Estate Club was established, a loose association of family offices, private and institutional investors, which provides capital for projects together with 6B47.
The project focus is on mixed-use properties (residential and commercial) and urban development projects. Here are three highlights from the diverse 6B47 portfolio:
– Beatrix Spa: luxury renovation of a historic bathhouse in Vienna’s city center with 41 exclusive residential units, completed 3rd quarter 2018;
– Cascada: cascading residential high-rise in Frankfurt’s Europaviertel with 191 condominiums, sold in 2016;
– Zyndrama: exclusive residential project in Wroclaw’s Old Town with 48 residential units, completed H1 2019.
Update 2023: 6B47 – together with Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) – launches a real estate fund for institutional investors for the first time in its history. Intreal International Real Estate Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH acts as service KVG, which manages the fund. The open-ended special AIF invests in the core or core-plus segment in the asset class of quarters in Austria and Germany. The focus is on prime locations in Vienna and the top 15 cities in Germany.
2. value one holding AG (Vienna)
This project developer is also based in the Austrian capital. Value one has been in existence for over 20 years and develops residential, hotel and office projects throughout Europe. Project development includes all steps from conception and planning to construction and marketing. In this sense, projects worth more than two billion euros have already been implemented to date.
Value one has three main business areas:
– MILESTONE: is an in-house brand and stands for the construction and operation of private student housing in Europe. The target is 10,000 student apartments by 2022;
– Hotel Operations: this division develops and operates hotels for well-known hotel brands;
– Real Estate & Facility Management: offers a comprehensive range of services for project development and property management.
Examples of Value one projects are:
– Korso im Viertel zwei: sophisticated residential project in Vienna’s 2nd district Leopoldstadt with 179 residential units, completion by spring 2021;
– MILESTONE Budapest Semmelweis: student housing in the vicinity of Budapest’s famous Semmelweis University, opening in 2018;
– Rondo: another quarter two project in Vienna. Terrace apartments in seven exclusive circular buildings, completed in 2017.
3. BAI Bauträger Austria Immobilien GmbH (Vienna)
Project development, real estate exploitation, project management and real estate management – these are the business areas of BAI Bauträger Austria Immobilien in Vienna. The company focuses on the development of office, residential and commercial properties in Austria and selected foreign locations. The investment volume realized to date amounts to EUR 1.7 billion. In 2017, BAI was acquired by Signa Real Estate, one of the two SIGNA business pillars. SIGNA is an Austrian real estate and retail group backed by entrepreneur René Benko. Within this structure, BAI remains a legally independent company with its own market presence.
In this sense, further BAI projects will be developed in the future. Examples of BAI projects are:
– DC Living Donaucity: residential complex with almost 300 residential units and commercial space in Vienna’s Donau-City, completed in 2015;
– Wohnbau Schönbrunn: construction of a residential complex with 60 units in Vienna’s Rosasgasse in the immediate vicinity of Schönbrunn Palace Park, completed in 2006;
– ÖBB Group Headquarters: new office tower for the headquarters of the Austrian Federal Railways next to Vienna Central Station; completed 2014.
Picture source: Ben Allan via Unsplash (31.08.2023)
Database of the largest real estate developers from Austria
We offer a unique overview of the largest project developers and builders in Austria. These developers purchase land and developable existing buildings and realize real estate projects there. Our database of top developers can be downloaded as an Excel file with just a few clicks and is regularly updated by our experienced research team. For each project developer, a variety of data points are included in the list: from the respective development focus to contact details and a size ranking introduced by us. This allows you to identify the relevant project developers for your projects particularly quickly. If you are interested in the list, we will be happy to provide you with a free preview file so that you can get a better idea of the structure and data quality.
Data points: ranking, contact details, development focus
The central element in our Excel list is the size ranking from A to E. A project developers are active in top cities like Vienna and realize either a particularly large number or particularly large buildings with >100 residential units and volumes in the two- to three-digit million range. E-developers, on the other hand, realize only a few, smaller projects per year. As contact details, the lists include many data points: Email address, URL, address, phone number. Managing directors’ names are also noted in most cases, with separate columns for first name, last name and title. To get an accurate picture of the project developers, we also list the development focus: residential, office, retail, logistics, care or hotels.
Austria’s players: strong concentration in Vienna and Upper Austria
If you look at the clustering of Austrian project developers, you will find a strong clustering in Vienna and Upper Austria. The Austrian capital Vienna is home to 2.8 million people and is the economic center of the country. Of the project developers, 44 have their headquarters there. The main focus is on the development and construction of modern residential complexes. However, the province of Upper Austria also plays an important role in the project developer industry. In the larger cities of Graz, Wels and Linz, many real estate projects are realized by the listed companies. Of course, the list also includes all important developers from Vorarlberg, Tyrol, Styria, Lower Austria, Carinthia and Salzburg.
Picture source: Tobias Tullius via Unsplash (31.08.2023)
Any questions? Get in touch!
Leo Semmelmann, Founder
contact [at] researchgermany.com
+49 (0) 89 38466606
We are looking forward to help you in case of any questions, remarks and individual requests. Feel free to get in touch via email, live chat or phone. We can also offer you package prices and can create individual lists.