Lower Saxony is a state well known for the food industry. Food is the second most important branch of industry in Lower Saxony after automobile production. Every eighth German food company is located in Lower Saxony and 67,000 people are employed here. Below are the 3 largest food processors in Lower Saxony:
The companies listed are part of our list of the 200 largest food producers in Germany.
Rated 5.00 out of 5€299,99 Incl. VAT
- Excel list of the 300 top-selling German food manufacturers for download
- Includes: sales (2015-2018), number of employees, e-mail, address, telephone number, management, etc.
- Detailed information on the industry (dairy, bakeries, meat products, confectionery, coffee & tea, beverage producers & breweries, food chemistry, fish, etc.)
- Download of the Excel file valid indefinitely, free updates within one year after purchase, free preview file available
- Last update: 14.05.2020
1st place: DMK Deutsches Milchkontor GmbH, Zeven: 5.6 billion euros turnover (2018)
The merger of Nordmilch AG and Humana Milchindustrie GmbH gave rise to DMK in 2011. Both predecessor companies were already the largest milk processors in Germany. This leading position applies all the more to DMK with its approx. 7,000 employees. Despite its focus on Lower Saxony, DMK is positioned nationwide. 7,000 active milk producers and cooperatives from 12 federal states are the owners of DMK, which are organised as cooperatives and have a share of over 90 percent.
2nd place: Nordzucker AG, Braunschweig: 1.4 billion Euro turnover (2018/19)
Nordzucker AG was formed in 1997 from the merger of Braunschweiger Zuckerverbund Nord AG (ZVN) and Zucker-Aktiengesellschaft Uelzen-Braunschweig (ZAG). It is the leading sugar producer in northern Germany and employs about 3,200 people at 18 locations. Norzuckers produces sugar in all forms for household use – crystal sugar, liquid sugar, refined sugar, powdered sugar, cube sugar and gelling sugar. It also produces bioethanol and sugar beet-based animal feed.
3rd place: heristo holding gmbh, Bad Rothenfelde: 1.3 billion euro revenues (2018)
heristo is a family-run food company and can trace its origins back to the Westphalian meat products factory Stockmeyer, founded in 1913. Even today, meat processing and sausage products still play a major role. In addition, heristo produces for a wide range of other food products (including ready meals, delicatessen, vegan food) and pet food. Another business area is wholesale and food products for foreign trade.
Picture source: Jagoda Kondratiuk
You might like these articles:
- A portrait of a Zurich developer and real estate investor: SFP
- List of the 3 largest tea companies in Germany
- List of the 3 largest meat processors in Germany
These lists may interest you:
Rated 4.50 out of 5
Rated 5.00 out of 5
Rated 5.00 out of 5€249,99 Incl. VAT
Rated 5.00 out of 5€1.999,99 Incl. VAT