In Baden-Württemberg, more than 600 companies are active in the field of medical technology. Most of them are small and medium-sized companies, however, there are also a few big players that have an international reputation. Here is an overview of the three biggest ones.
These are also part of our list of the top 100 medical technology companies in Germany.
- Excel list of the 100 top-selling German medical technology companies for download
- Including: sales (2015-2018), number of employees, e-mail, address, telephone number, management, etc.
- Detailed information on the field of activity (orthopaedics, surgical instruments, implants, laser, centrifuges, ventilation technology, diagnostics, etc.)
- Download of the Excel file valid indefinitely, free updates within one year after purchase, free preview file available
- Last update: 07.05.2020
1st place: Röchling SE & Co. KG, Mannheim: EUR 2.1 billion in sales (2018)
Röchling was once a coal and steel company on the Saar. The group, which now has around 11,000 employees, has completely converted its business model to plastics processing. One division is targeting medical technology. Röchling manufactures plastic components for medical devices and pharmaceutical production here. The Röchling Medical division comprises the segments Diagnostics, Fluid Management, Pharmaceuticals, and Surgery & Interventional.
2nd place: KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG, Tuttlingen: 1.8 billion euros in sales (2018)
When it comes to endoscopes, you inevitably come across the name KARL STORZ. Founded in 1945, the company comes from small beginnings and has now developed into the endoscope brand of excellence. Today, around 8,000 people work for KARL STORZ. Endoscopes are indispensable in modern medicine. They are used to diagnose internal diseases and are also used for minor procedures. Industrial applications are another field of use.
3rd place: KaVo Dental GmbH, Biberach an der Riss: over 320 million euros (no current sales available)
KaVo Dental is a leading manufacturer of medical technology for dentistry. The abbreviation KaVo stands for the two founders Kaltenbach & Voigt. Founded in 1909 in Berlin-Steglitz, the company headquarters were moved to Biberach after the second World War. KaVo Dental has around 1,100 employees and has been part of the American conglomerate Danaher Corporation since 2004.
Picture source: Markus Frieauf
You might like these articles:
- List of the 3 Largest Mechanical Engineering Companies in Hamburg
- List of the 3 Largest Mechanical Engineering Companies in Lower Saxony
- List of the 3 Largest Medical Technology Companies in Bavaria
These lists may interest you:
Rated 5.00 out of 5€249,99 Incl. VAT
Rated 5.00 out of 5€1.999,99 Incl. VAT
Rated 5.00 out of 5€299,99 Incl. VAT
Rated 5.00 out of 5€349,99 Incl. VAT