The largest dental medical and dental technology company in Germany is KaVo Dental GmbH, which has a turnover of almost 300 million euros. KaVo Dental GmbH is also part of our list of the top 100 medical technology companies in Germany.
Alois Kaltenbach founded a company for dental instruments in Berlin-Steglitz in 1909. When Richard Voigt joined the company in 1919, it became Kaltenbach & Voigt – the basis for the current company name KaVo Dental. The company quickly developed into a leading dental manufacturer. The company headquarters was moved to Potsdam and, after the 2nd World War, to Biberach an der Riß, today’s main location. KaVo Dental employs more than 1,000 people. In addition to Biberach, the company has production sites in Warthausen near Biberach and in Joinville in Brazil. KaVo Dental is represented worldwide through various sales companies.
- Excel list of the 100 top-selling German medical technology companies for download
- Including: sales (2015-2018), number of employees, e-mail, address, telephone number, management, etc.
- Detailed information on the field of activity (orthopaedics, surgical instruments, implants, laser, centrifuges, ventilation technology, diagnostics, etc.)
- Download of the Excel file valid indefinitely, free updates within one year after purchase, free preview file available
- Last update: 07.05.2020
KaVo Dental: Part of the US American Danaher Corporation today
KaVo Dental has been part of the US-American Danaher Corporation since 2004. Originally founded as a real estate investment company, the Group has completely realigned itself. Today, Danaher is an internationally operating conglomerate with a focus on technology, life sciences, medical technology, environmental technology, vehicle and tool technology. KaVo Dental’s product portfolio continues to focus entirely on dental medicine. Here the company covers a broad spectrum. Products are manufactured in the areas of dental instruments (including turbines, handpieces and contra-angles), practice equipment, X-ray and diagnostics, dental technology and dental laboratory, dental training (patient simulators, digital training systems) and dental accessories. KaVo Dental holds more than 2,200 patents and utility models for dental technology, which continue to guarantee the company’s leading position in this field.
Picture source: Hubi Farago
You might like these articles:
- List of the 3 Largest Medical Technology Companies in Bavaria
- List of the 3 Largest Medical Technology Companies in Baden-Württemberg
- List of the 3 Largest Medical Technology Companies in Berlin
These lists may interest you:
Rated 4.50 out of 5
Rated 5.00 out of 5
Rated 5.00 out of 5
Rated 5.00 out of 5€1.999,99 Incl. VAT