The largest medical technology company in Germany is Siemens Healthineers AG, which has a turnover of 14.5 billion euros. Siemens Healthineers AG is also part of our list of the top 100 medical technology companies in Germany.
The company name “Healthineers” represents a Siemens combination of “healthcare”, “engineer” and “pioneer” and expresses their desire to be a pioneer in the field of medical technology. Medical technology has a long tradition at Siemens. As early as 1847, the company Siemens & Halske (S & H) was founded in Berlin for this purpose. Until 2015, medical technology formed a separate Siemens Business Sector as “Siemens Sector Healthcare” or “Siemens Healthcare”. In 2015, the Group was spun off into Siemens Healthcare GmbH, which became Siemens Healthineers AG in 2017 in the course of the IPO. The Siemens Group is and will remain the principal owner of Siemens Healthineers. Around 15 percent of the shares are in free float.
- Excel list of the 100 top-selling German medical technology companies for download
- Including: sales (2015-2018), number of employees, e-mail, address, telephone number, management, etc.
- Detailed information on the field of activity (orthopaedics, surgical instruments, implants, laser, centrifuges, ventilation technology, diagnostics, etc.)
- Download of the Excel file valid indefinitely, free updates within one year after purchase, free preview file available
- Last update: 07.05.2020
Globally positioned in medical technology from Erlangen
Today, Siemens Healthineers forms a separate subgroup within the Siemens Group and employs approximately 52,000 people in 75 countries around the world. The company headquarters are located in Erlangen, the sister city of Nuremberg and Fürth. Other German production sites are Marburg, Rudolstadt and Kemnath. In addition, Siemens Healthineers has locations in Great Britain and Ireland, in the USA, Canada, China, South Korea and India, among others. Siemens Healthineers is among the 10 largest medical technology companies in the world. The product portfolio includes a wide range of medical devices for diagnostics and clinical treatment. Examples: Ultrasound equipment, computer tomographs, mammography equipment, laboratory diagnostic systems, X-ray equipment, radiotherapy and particle therapy systems. Siemens Healthineers also offers medical IT solutions.
Image source: Harlie Raethel
You might like these articles:
- List of the 3 Largest Medical Technology Companies in Berlin
- What is the largest German dental medical technology and dental technology company?
- What is the largest healthcare group in Germany?
These lists may interest you:
Rated 4.50 out of 5
Rated 5.00 out of 5
Rated 5.00 out of 5€299,99 Incl. VAT
Rated 5.00 out of 5