The largest manufacturer of ventilators in Germany is Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA with sales of almost 2.8 billion euros. Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA is also part of our list of the top 100 medical technology companies in Germany.
The name Dräger has stood for respiratory technology for over 100 years. The company Dräger & Gerling was founded in Lübeck in 1881. From this, Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA form, which is also based in Lübeck. Today, Dräger employs over 14,000 people. The company has around 100 subsidiaries and sells its technology worldwide. The founding family continues to call the shots at Dräger. There are two main business divisions: Medical Technology and Safety Technology.
- Excel list of the 100 top-selling German medical technology companies for download
- Including: sales (2015-2018), number of employees, e-mail, address, telephone number, management, etc.
- Detailed information on the field of activity (orthopaedics, surgical instruments, implants, laser, centrifuges, ventilation technology, diagnostics, etc.)
- Download of the Excel file valid indefinitely, free updates within one year after purchase, free preview file available
- Last update: 07.05.2020
Drägerwerk – Medical and safety technology
The medical division generates around two thirds of Dräger’s net sales. Ventilation equipment for intensive care and emergency medicine is the core business and part of a company tradition that still remains today. During the coronavirus pandemic, this main Dräger product has taken on a whole new significance. In addition to ventilation technology, Dräger also offers anaesthesia workstations, equipment for monitoring patients and for medical care of premature and newborn babies. Dräger also produces other technology for operating theatres and hospital use and offers IT solutions for these applications.
In the safety division, Dräger supplies personal protection equipment, gas detection devices, alcohol and drug screening equipment, diving equipment and systems, as well as rescue and protection systems. Dräger safety technology is used in the oil and gas industry, the chemical industry, mining and fire services, among others. The safety division is part of Dräger Safety AG & Co. KGaA, a subgroup within the Dräger Group. Dräger Safety has around 4,000 employees and 40 subsidiaries.
Picture source: Nhia Moua
You might like these articles:
- What is the largest German dental medical technology and dental technology company?
- What is the largest healthcare group in Germany?
- What is the largest German medical technology company?
These lists may interest you:
Rated 4.50 out of 5
Rated 5.00 out of 5
Rated 5.00 out of 5€299,99 Incl. VAT
Rated 5.00 out of 5