The largest laboratory supplier in Germany is Sartorius AG, with sales revenue of over 1.8 billion euros. Sartorius AG is also part of our database of the largest medical technology companies in Germany.
The history of Sartorius began in 1870 as the precision engineering workshop of F. Sartorius in Goettingen, Germany. Even today, the majority of the company is still owned by the descendants of the founder, Florenz Sartorius. In the meantime, the Group, which is still based in Goettingen, employs some 9,000 people and sells its products worldwide. The company has over 60 locations around the globe, with a focus on Europe, North America and East Asia. Approximately 40 percent of sales revenue is generated in the EMEA region, 35 percent in the Americas and 25 percent in the Asia-Pacific region. Sartorius has two business focuses: Bioprocess technology (Bioprocess Solutions) and laboratory technology (Lab Products & Services).
Rated 4.50 out of 5
- Excel list of the 100 top-selling German medical technology companies for download
- Including: sales (2015-2018), number of employees, e-mail, address, telephone number, management, etc.
- Detailed information on the field of activity (orthopaedics, surgical instruments, implants, laser, centrifuges, ventilation technology, diagnostics, etc.)
- Download of the Excel file valid indefinitely, free updates within one year after purchase, free preview file available
- Last update: 07.05.2020
Sartorius in Goettingen – Laboratory and Bioprocess Technology
In the laboratory technology field, Sartorius manufactures equipment, instruments, accessories and consumables for laboratory analyses, such as balances, bioreactors, pipettors, systems for data and process analysis, filtration technology and much more. Sartorius products are used, for example, in biopharmaceutical and chemical laboratories, in food and university laboratories.
In the Bioprocess Solutions area, Sartorius covers all process steps in biopharmaceutical manufacturing. The Sartorius Stedim Biotech subgroup plays a key role in this context as a solution provider for the biopharmaceutical industry. Solutions for cell cultivation, fermentation, filtration, purification and fluid management help to manufacture pharmaceuticals safely and efficiently. Sartorius Stedim Biotech is a joint project with the French biotech company Stedim S.A.
Picture source: Hans Reniers
You might like these articles:
- What is the largest healthcare group in Germany?
- What is the largest German medical technology company?
- What is the largest German manufacturer of ventilators?
These lists may interest you:
Rated 4.50 out of 5
Rated 5.00 out of 5
Rated 5.00 out of 5€249,99 Incl. VAT
Rated 5.00 out of 5€299,99 Incl. VAT