The largest healthcare group in Germany is Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA with sales of 35.5 billion euros. Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA is also part of our list of the top 100 medical technology companies in Germany.
The health care group Fresenius in Bad Homburg vor der Höhe can look back on a history that few German companies can match. It all began in Frankfurt/Main in the 15th century. The Frankfurt Hirsch Pharmacy, founded in 1462, came into the possession of the Fresenius family in the 18th century. The pharmacist Eduard Fresenius founded the pharmaceutical company Dr. E. Fresenius in 1912. This developed into today’s health care group. The Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA forms the organizational umbrella of the group, which is active in various health care areas. The group companies together employ about 294,000 people.
- Excel list of the 100 top-selling German medical technology companies for download
- Including: sales (2015-2018), number of employees, e-mail, address, telephone number, management, etc.
- Detailed information on the field of activity (orthopaedics, surgical instruments, implants, laser, centrifuges, ventilation technology, diagnostics, etc.)
- Download of the Excel file valid indefinitely, free updates within one year after purchase, free preview file available
- Last update: 07.05.2020
Fresenius – Medical technology, hospitals, therapy solutions and more
Medical technology is mainly used within the framework of Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA and also partly at Fresenius Kabi. Both companies account for about half of the Fresenius workforce. With the Helios Kliniken, Fresenius is also one of the largest German hospital operators. This division has over 100,000 employees, 112 clinics and 35,000 beds. Fresenius Vamed provides consulting and engineering services for hospital construction and hospital equipment. Fresenius Kabi offers solutions in the areas of infusion and nutrition therapy.
Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA is the largest subgroup within the Fresenius Group and is also based in Bad Homburg. The company has about 120,000 employees and annual sales of about 17.5 billion euros. Fresenius Medical Care is the world leader in dialysis products and services. It manufactures dialysis machines, dialyzers and disposable accessories for the treatment of patients with chronic kidney failure.
Picture source: Arseny Togulev
You might like these articles:
- List of the 3 Largest Medical Technology Companies in Baden-Württemberg
- List of the 3 Largest Medical Technology Companies in Berlin
- What is the largest German dental medical technology and dental technology company?
These lists may interest you:
Rated 4.50 out of 5
Rated 5.00 out of 5€249,99 Incl. VAT
Rated 5.00 out of 5€299,99 Incl. VAT
Rated 5.00 out of 5€349,99 Incl. VAT